Local SEO Guide: How to Promote Your Business Locally
Nowadays, more and more users and mostly those who use mobile devices are searching for local businesses on Google. Do you want to engage these users? Local SEO can help your business stand out in the SERPs (search results).
If you are new to local SEO, this guide will probably be helpful for you: you will learn what is local search marketing and how to use local ranking factors to increase your business positions on searches.
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is a process that helps optimize your website for a local audience. So, local SEO helps businesses promote their products/services to local prospects. The main ranking factors in this process are the company name, address, phone, business category, website, city, town, and country. In brief, the local optimization of your business will help people around you to find you both online and offline.
Best Practice to Start Local SEO
In addition, to start promoting a business locally, you should do the following things:
a. improve on-page SEO of the website
b. optimize your Google My Business account
c. engage with Local Directories
Now let’s explore each of the mentioned points in-depth.
Improve the on-page SEO factors of the website
Let’s take a deep look at the main ranking factors that are coming from the website and are necessary to improve your local SEO:
1. Optimize the internal linking structure – it will help the website owner to get optimized hierarchy and user-friendly navigation. Optimized website architecture will also influence the distribution of the Page Authority/Domain Authority factors among pages.
2. Optimize the URL, title tags, header, meta descriptions, and content – every new post with quality content will become a new indexed page for your website. Each new page is a new opportunity to get found in the search results. So, you need to optimize each piece of content for search engines by using business keywords in the URL, title, header, meta description, and body. For geo-targeted content, it is recommended to use customer success stories and case studies as a part of your content strategy.
3. Create location pages on your website – create quality and keyword-optimized landing pages for each of your business locations. Location pages are required by users to provide information like working hours, unique store descriptions, parking information, promotions/discounts, testimonials from customers, and much more.
4. Create local content and become a local authority in your industry – content distributors must provide content not just for search engines but first of all for readers. The topics you provide must attract your local audience and showcase the news of the industry. In addition, becoming a local authority in the industry, your blog will provide educative information for employees, clients, and your entire audience. Trustworthy sources also improve the brand visibility of the website.
5. Create a mobile-friendly website – local search and mobile search are very close to each other. Mobile users always look for reviews, directions and contact information in their searches. So, make it easy for your prospects to use a mobile-optimized resource when visiting your website.
Open company account on Google My Business (GMB)
One of the critical factors for improving local search rankings is to be listed in Google My Business. So, the first thing you should do is to create and verify a Google My Business page. After this step, you can share Google Posts, encourage your customers to share reviews online, and respond to their reviews, specifying the location.
Another way to become popular on GMB is to engage with social channels and share posts. Nowadays, Google considers content shared on social media more important now than ever before. All these factors will improve your website or business visibility in SERPs.
Submissions to quality directories
Now, let’s take a look and see how link building can take your business one step closer to TOP local search results.
a. Name, address, phone consistency or NAP – make your business easy for search engines and for people to find.
b. Optimize online directories, guest posts and citations – popular directories like Yelp, G+local, Bing places, and other yellow pages will affect your brand visibility in search results. So, backlinks are incredibly powerful opportunities to boost your local SEO. As a result, every inbound link shows Google that you’re a real company, and their quantity increases your domain authority.
Hope this post will help you to optimize your local site as well! In conclusion, to continue providing important information about local SEO, follow our upcoming posts. Above all, we’ve covered some useful online tools and recommendations that you can leverage to improve your local ranking.